1. How to book a room or a studio?

To book with us just call our office 01202 290 244 or go to ‘Book Now’ button or scroll down to the bottom on our website and then you can register with us book a viewing or book a room/ studio through our online booking system. If you’re having any trouble with the online booking system, then just call our accommodation office and speak to our Team.

2. Can I smoke in my room?

Lulworth Student accommodation is non-smoking area throughout all buildings. This includes both private and communal areas including the studios, Ensuite rooms and kitchens. Outside the buildings there are smoking areas with designated ashtrays.

3. How do I collect my post?

Post is delivered directly through your door. Larger parcels can be collected from Reception at any time.

4. Do I need to move out, over the Christmas and Easter holidays?

No – your room is yours for the duration of your tenancy. You only need to move out of the room at the end of the tenancy agreement.

5. What is the policy on guests staying in my room?

It is best to speak with the staff at the reception to find out if this is ok. You may have occasional overnight guests. Please do not invite someone to stay for more than one night. If your guest needs to stay more than one night you need to pay a little extra.

6. What documents do I need to bring when I move in?

Please bring an official form of ID with you e.g. passport and a letter of enrolment from your university.

7. What are the reception hours of the residence?

We are open 24/7. You can our helpdesk 01202- 290 244 or just pop in into reception. The LSC Team will be happy to help you.

8. Can I extend my stay at the end of my contract?

We provide short stays, particularly during the summer months, often for students at language or summer schools – please speak to your reception team about this option and they will be able to advise you.

9. Why are my windows restricted?

Your window have a restricting device that limits how far it opens. It’s there for your safety so it’s important that you don’t disconnect or damage it, or let anyone else do so. If the window fittings do become damaged, you need to tell a member of the accommodation team straight away. We check all the windows and their fittings regularly, to make sure they’re all safe and working properly.

10. What methods can I use to pay the rent?

Alternatively you can pay by card (at the reception or over the phone) or in cash at the reception.

11. How do I raise a maintenance request?

You just need to raise a Maintenance Request Form by clicking this link for support in your student accommodation.

Every support/maintenance request you send becomes a ticket at our helpdesk. The helpdesk will categorise and prioritise tickets and assign them to the right people in our team. Just click on “new support ticket” and fill out the form or “check ticket status” to check how your ticket is been handled.

12. Can I terminate my contract before the agreed date?

It is possible to terminate your contract if you find a suitable replacement for your room. Until a replacement has been found you will remain responsible for any payments due under your contract. Termination of the contract may incur a £95-100 administration fee. Please contact the Lulworth team before you terminate your contract to find out who can be deemed a suitable successor for your room.

13. What do I do if my internet has gone down?

Your internet is maintained by our external IT Support Service Rejuvenate– if you experience any problems, please contact their helpline on 01202- 23 72 73.

14. Some belongings of mine have been stolen, what do I do?

If something has been stolen inside your flat, through break in, please contact the police 01202 222 222. You will receive a crime reference number, which is important to recover the loss from your insurance, depending on your insurance cover. Our Team will assist you to gather any important evidence.

15. Insurance

You’ll be pleased to hear that all Union House Management student accommodations have a basic personal contents insurance cover.  It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure you fully understand the protection provided.

Enter in your policy number TBC on the insurer’s website online endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover  to check your policy details. If you do not know your Policy Number, just call the Halls Office or send us an email to get your Policy Number.

Visit the review cover link to:

  • Check what is covered.
  • Check key exclusions and limitations.
  • Check your policy excess.
  • Check how to make a claim, extend and personalise your cover.

It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both inside and outside of your room.

Laptops, mobile telephones and bicycles are the most common items stolen from students. Look after your property before someone else does!

At the provided bike sheds, always secure your bicycle with a good strong lock to the bike rail, even if it’s only for a few minutes.

Never leave property visible in your car. A coat or bag in the back seat could tempt a thief to break in and try to park in busy well-lit areas.

16. Can I have a mini-fridge in my room?

In most of our accommodations you are allowed to bring small appliances, but you will solely responsible for any risk associated with any of your appliances. We advise you to speak to our office.

17. How can I pay my Rent?

You can pay by credit/debit card or direct debit at one of our offices or over the phone.  Alternatively, you can pay by bank transfer. When you book you will need to pay a deposit via debit/credit card  and provide card or account details so we can set up your automated rent payments, so please have this information to hand. We will need to speak to the card holder to process the payment so, if you are not the card holder, please make sure the card holder is available to speak to us during the call. Once you have booked your room, your contract will be sent to you by email for you to check and sign.

18. Where can I leave my Bike? 

There is a bike shed allocated at the residence. Bicycles are left at your own risk. Please be aware that the UHM is not liable for any loss, damage or theft to bicycles in storage. Be very careful, locking your bike whenever you leave it unattended.  You are advised to use a heavy duty cycle lock to secure your bicycle.